The autumn seminar program (Click here to see the full program with a brief THTH review) was composed by the following presentations:
- Newest VR-technology in plant engineering, Jari Laitinen, Jani Peltopuro, Pöyry Finland Oy
- Hexagon’s visualization approach for the digital transformation era, Waldir Pimentel Junior, Hexagon Ab
- Advanced data analytics and expert systems in plant engineering, Jukka K. Nurminen, VTT
- Simulation-based Digital Twin – Demonstration of a twin enabled by 3D plant model and dynamic process simulator, Gerardo Santillan, Semantum Oy
- Technical information exchange in process industry – a brief review to national digitalization efforts, Arto Marttinen, THTH ry
The two first presentations by Pöyry and Hexagon were focused to VR/AR applications in engineering design. The third presentation illustrated VTT’s research results how to use machine learning in lay-out planning. The Semantum’s presentation described an idea how a simulation-based digital twin can be automatically generated from a 3D plant model. The THTH’s presenantation summarized the status of the wide national DBE Core ecosystem project, where the THTH’s focus has been in process industry’s technical information exchange.
If you would like to know more about the presentations, please contact us or directly to presenters.